How It Works
PrecisionAccess screens both user and device to ensure they’re trusted before connecting them to protected applications — in three simple steps:
- Isolate the application so it’s invisible to everyone on the untrusted network.
- Verify user authenticity and authorization, and device trustworthiness.
- Connect the authorized user and trusted device to only the protected applications.
After the device is connected, a continual trust assessment of the device is performed to ensure it maintains the same level of trust.
PrecisionAccess is based on a new security model, the Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), promoted by the Cloud Security Alliance. PrecisionAccess is the first commercially available and most widely adopted SDP-based security product focused on providing complete control over application access.
PrecisionAccess adds powerful capabilities to the core SDP model to create a robust enterprise-ready solution. They include:
Broad and highly tested device support
User and device on-boarding facilitation
Automated deployment software
Posture checking and trust assessment
Transparent user experience
Policy creation and enforcement
Scale and reliability via Controller and Gateway Active-N clustering
Integrated monitoring, reporting, and alerting
Enterprise IAM integration
Vidder Managed Service support options
- Server isolation; mitigate application and server vulnerability exploits
- Transparent MFA (tMFA); eliminate the impact of credential theft
- Granular segmentation; thwart lateral movement
- Always-on data-in-flight encryption; eliminate snooping and man-in-the middle
- Trust-based connection policies; gain total control over who can connect to what under what circumstances
- Eliminate the false positives introduced by traditional, unintegrated security tools.
- Single solution for local, remote, and cloud access control; managed and unmanaged device access control, always-on multi-factor authentication, server protection
- Integrated portal for monitoring users, devices, application usage, threats and vulnerabilities
- Choose how much support Vidder provides and how much internal teams do.
- No infrastructure upgrade
- Low cost
Ease of Use, Breadth of Enforcement
- Untethered from corporate network
- Built-in remote access, doesn’t require VPN or internal network access
- Common security model and user experience for internal, remote, and external use